Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Learning MORE About the Duwamish
For the next several weeks, we are going to spend our time in science focusing on the Duwamish River.
Here are the focus questions developed by F3 Kids:
1. What does it mean that the Duwamish is invisible?
2. How did the Duwamish watershed lose so many species?
3. What was the purpose of making the river straight and How did they do it?
4. Why were people dumping toxins and other pollutants in the river?
5. What happened to the Duwamish Tribe?
6. If they knew that the Duwamish was an estuary for salmon, why was it changed?
Tuesday, April 8, 2014: What is the EPA's Role in cleaning the river?
listen to stories:
working on the river
living along the Duwamish
how clean is clean?
all about the EPA
Monday, 3.24 The latest news on the Duwamish
Wednesday, 3.19 What does Boeing have to say?
Wednesday, 3.5: Alberto Rodriquez from the DRCC comes to visit
Tuesday, 3.4: From LDWG: The Lower Duwamish Waterway Group
Monday, 3.3: Next let's learn about who is working to clean up the river?
Thursday, 2.27: Let's start out by reviewing its history.