Is Finish First a fair game? A game is fair when all players have an equal chance of winning. If there is an advantage or disadvantage in being the first player, then the game is not fair.
Play Finish First with a family member or friend.
Materials: A deck of cards, using only four of each of the numbers 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 (Do not use any other cards).
Number of Players: 2
1. Shuffle the cards. Place the deck face down.
2. The player going first turns over the top card and announces its value.
3. The player going second turns over the next card and announces the total value of the two cards turned over.
4. Partners continue to take turns turning over cards and announcing the total values of all the cards turned over so far.
5. The winner is the first player to correctly announce "21" or any number greater than 21.
6. Play as many games as you can and make a tally chart for first player wins and second player wins.